No more job, no more flat. I returned them to their respective owners on the 31st October. It did feel strange. But I have enough other things to worry about. I had to collect my laptop and tent from their respective repair workshops. The former didn’t come back and will never do, so I had to quickly buy another one and wait for a refund of the first one. The keyboard is in French and it seems hard to re-adapt. And the layout is quite cumbersome for typing English. I’ll get key-stickers to stick over the punctuation signs.
I got the tent back today, 2 days before my planned departure. I was thinking of leaving on Sunday, and unless the small forecasted rain turn into a storm, I will leave this Sunday 04 November, to Lucerne.
On the weather side, the mild temperatures of Autumn are abruptly gone. We had snow storms last weekend. It was much colder this week, with temperatures below 0 in the morning and in the evening. It is going better and seems to be around 10 °C during the days now.
I hope those little unexpected events will count towards my quota of bad luck for the trip.